Enter the photo contest for the book!
CONTEST DATES: January 2nd, 2013 – Feb 15 2013
Do you have a great girlhood photo (before age 13) that captures the life and times of a decade? Here’s your chance to share it and win publication in the book
“100 Years in the Life of an American Girl: True Stories 1910 – 2010”.
“100 Years in the Life” will feature 10 winning photos, one at the start of each chapter: 1910s | 1920s | 1930s | 1940s | 1950s | 1960s | 1970s | 1980s | 1990s | 2000s. Will your photo be the one that makes us smile, captures our heart, reveals the essence of an era?
Contest Winners will receive:
- A text credit in the book
- Photo published in the book
- An author-signed copy of the book upon publication
Requirements for consideration of your photo entry:
- You must own the photo or have written permission to use it in publication
- Photos must be of girls from toddler to age 13
- Photos must be taken between the years 1910 and 2010
- Photos may contain people other than girls of requested age, though the girl must be the primary subject of photo
- You must have the actual photo OR a high-resolution (300 dpi) electronic version OR be able to obtain such a file
- If your photo is chosen as a winner, you must be willing to grant the author/publisher permission to print it in/on the publication of this book
- Include a brief caption
If your photo is chosen as a winner, you will be notified via Facebook Private Message.
- You MUST respond to notification, in order to be declared a definitive winner.
How to submit a photo for the contest:
- Go to: www.facebook.com/100YearsInTheLife
- Click Photo/Video, just to the right of Post
- Click Attach Photo/Video
- Type your photo caption/story in the text field
- Click Choose File
- Choose the photo file & upload
- Once upload is complete, click Post
- Click Share on your photo post & share on your Facebook timeline.
- Encourage your friends to like and share your submissions, to increase your chance of winning publication in the book.
You may submit up to 10 photos.
What Does It Take to Win?
The photos must describe a decade in their look — clothes, actions, background (e.g., type of cars on the street).
The photos with the most likes and shares have the best chance at winning.
Runners up (photos with the top likes and shares) will win publication in the companion photo e-book, “Snapshots of 100 Years in the Life of an American Girl: Photos 1910 – 2010,” publishing summer 2013.
All entrants are encouraged to:
• LIKE the FB page for the book
• Pin photo submissions to www.pinterest.com/100yearslife-photocontest [CAN I CREATE THAT PAGE?] and use a hashtag [from our phone call – not sure what that means]
• Share your photo contest submissions on your Facebook timeline and encourage your friends to like and share them to increase your chance of winning publication in the book
Winners will be notified by e-mail February 22, 2013.